Do you ever find yourself feeling like you are trying to eat your best, workout and generally just be healthier but aren’t seeing any real results? The key way to start feeling better and seeing your progress is by implementing goal setting. Goals are the guiding light that gets you where you want to be and what you want to achieve. And goal setting is a powerful process for contemplating and clarifying your ideal health, life and future and how you’ll get there.
The process of setting goals helps you choose what you want to achieve in your life. By knowing exactly what you want to achieve, you will know where to best concentrate your efforts efficiently. Setting goals also helps make you accountable and also helps you achieve your highest potential. There are many ways to utilize goal setting to reach your health and wellness goals and one technique is using S.M.A.R.T. goals.
- S = Specific: Specify exactly what you want to achieve.
- M = Measurable: Break your goal down into measurable elements so you can track your success.
- A = Attainable: Make your goals realistic and reachable or you may get discouraged and give up.
- R = Relevant: Your goals should be relevant and aligned with the direction you want to take your health and wellness.
- T = Time-bound: Giving your goals a realistic and flexible deadline helps keep your morale high and help keeps you accountable. Your sense of urgency increases and helps keep you on track. This also means you’ll know when you can celebrate your success!
Think this SMART goal setting technique could work for you in reaching your health and wellness goals? Want to know more about setting Smart goals to reach your weight loss or health goals? Contact Right Nutrition Works today at 623.556.3886 to schedule an appointment to discuss your health goals, identify your challenges, and help you create a healthier life!
Prajakta Apte, RDN
Right Nutrition Works
Click here for your FREE eBook!